Training, Policies, Resources, and Reporting
Policies, Resources, and Reporting
- Salem Academy and College Sex Discrimination Harassment and Related Sexual Misconduct Policy (Updated August 2023)
- Anonymous Reporting Website
- Title IX Training for Appellate Officers
- Title IX Training for Advisors
- Title IX Training for Hearing Officers
- Title IX Training for Coordinators
- Title IX Training for Investigators
Notice of Nondiscrimination
Salem Academy and College, in furtherance of its values as an educational institution and in compliance with civil rights laws, does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, *sex, *gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, disability, age, religion, veteran status or any other characteristic or status protected by applicable local, state, or federal law in admission, treatment, access to, or employment in its programs and activities.
Discrimination and harassment are antithetical to the values and standards of the Salem community; are incompatible with the safe, healthy environment that the Salem community expects and deserves and will not be tolerated. Salem is committed to providing programs, activities, and an education and work environment free from discrimination and harassment. Salem is also committed to fostering a community that promotes prompt reporting and fair and timely resolution of those behaviors.
Inquiries concerning discrimination or harassment based on a protected characteristic or status other than sex should be referred to:
- For Employees: The Director of Human Resources and Benefits and Title IX Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or 336-917-5721
- For Academy Students: The Head of School, Kris Porazzi Sorrells, at email@example.com or 336-917-5524
- For College Students: The Chief Campus Culture Officer and Vice President for Equity, Diversity and Inclusion, AJ Mazaris, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 336-917-5268 (for College students).
Inquiries concerning sex discrimination and harassment should be referred to the Title IX Coordinator, Orielle Hope, at email@example.com or 336-917-5721.
*As an all-girls school, Salem Academy admits only female students as permitted by law. As a women’s college, Salem College admits students who were assigned female at birth or identify as a woman in its undergraduate program as permitted by law. In its continuing education and graduate programs, Salem College does not restrict admission on the basis of sex or gender identity/expression.