The Public Safety Department is here to help ensure everyone has a safe and secure experience on the Salem Academy and College campus.
Our fundamental duty is to provide the Salem Community—students, staff, faculty and visitors—with a safe educational and work environment.
To achieve this goal, the department maintains a campus-wide presence 24 hours a day every day of the year. We provide active patrols, prompt investigations of incidents, compassionate victim assistance and educational programs. Public Safety is committed to supporting Salem students by valuing them as individuals and giving them a safe environment that will enhance their learning and development.
Tips for Staying Safe on Campus
- See something, say something. Report anyone and anything that looks suspicious.
- Know your surroundings and trust your instincts.
- Keep the phone number for Public Safety, 336-917-5555, in your mobile phone for emergencies.
- Know where the blue emergency phones are on campus.
- Lock your door. Don’t loan your key to friends.
- Do not accept drinks—alcoholic or non-alcoholic—from others. Remember that alcohol is the No. 1 acquaintance-rape drug.
- When you leave campus, let someone know where you’re going and when you plan to be back.
- You don’t have to walk alone at night on campus. Public Safety will pick you up and make sure you arrive at your campus destination safely.
- Do not prop open doors.
- Do not allow strangers into residence spaces.
- Use caution when posting information on social networking sites.
Online Vehicle Services
Register Your Vehicle
Salem College students wishing to park a vehicle on campus are required to register their vehicles with Public Safety. The cost to register a vehicle is $100. Vehicle registrations expire at the end of each academic year.
Pay Parking Citation
Failure to register your vehicle may result in a $25 fine every 48 hours until the vehicle is registered. Unpaid fines may affect your ability to register for classes or obtain grades/transcripts.