Professional and Community Leadership Experience and Expertise
- UW volunteer, ReadWS Tutor
- SACSCOC evaluator, NASA Grant Salem Soars
Health-Related and Health Leadership Experience and Expertise
In my discipline of genetics, I served on the Health Equity Committee for Winston Salem.
Salem Through My Eyes
I came to Salem because it was my dream job. Developing a program in Women in Science and teaching Evolution, two things that I love the most. I never left because this is the best job anyone could ever have. I love my students, and I love the diversity of knowledge that they bring to the classroom and how they make me a better person every single day.
- I have three dogs, all spoiled rotten.
- I bought my first microscope when I was nine from all of my life savings. Years later, I found out that my mother actually paid for half of it! I could still use it, but honestly, I’d rather use the nice ones we have in our labs.
- I love listening to podcasts, so if you come across a good one, please email it to me!