Will my credits transfer?

We do our best to accommodate students with transfer credits but we cannot guarantee that they will transfer. We have the same articulation agreement as most state schools so most credits should transfer as long as the student received a C or higher. If there is no equivalent, you will receive elective credit. 

What is the transfer evaluation process at Salem?

Upon acceptance, your transcript will be sent to the Registrar’s Office who will then complete a transfer evaluation which will be sent to you and Dean Richard Vinson. If you have any questions about the transfer application and evaluation process you can contact the Office of Admissions at 336-721-2621 or email us at admissions@salem.edu.

If you would like to see which of your courses may transfer please visit selfserv.salem.edu/SelfService/Search/TransferEvaluation.aspx

Do you offer scholarships for transfer students?

Transfer students with a 3.25 GPA or higher are eligible for a $12,000 merit scholarship.

Will I get housing?

Salem College is a residential campus and all traditional undergraduate students must live in College residence halls on campus unless they make their home with members of their immediate families or legal guardians. There are no amount of rooms blocked for transfer students but all students will receive housing.

How long will it take me to complete my degree?

The time it will take to complete your degree can vary based on your major and the amount of credits you will need to complete in order to graduate. As a transfer student your academic advisor will be Dean Vinson (until you declare your major) and he will be able to assist in creating an academic plan.