Telehealth and Tele counseling: Find your answers here!
It is imperative that VCG connects you with a provider and/or therapist in your current state. Please ensure that your location is updated PRIOR to initiating services. The smart phone application will do this automatically. You will need to change your location if accessing from the web. If you need to change locations while connecting with a therapist, ensure you communicate this information.
VCG Telehealth for Salem College Students
1. What is Virtual Care Group (VCG) telehealth services?
VCG is a 24/7 telehealth company that provides virtual non-emergent medical care by board certified physicians.
2. Who can access VCG?
All currently enrolled students, induding traditional, graduate and Fleer students, may access VCG services. Students who withdraw or graduate from Salem, will no longer be eligible for VCG services, through Salem.
3. How do I access VCG?
Accessing VCG is easy! Simply visit thevirtualcaregroup.com/salem and you will find information on how to register. VCG is available 24/7 via the web, smartphone application or by telephone.
4. Does it cost when I use VCG services?
VCG services are totally free for all eligible students. This service is offered at no cost regardless of whether you have medical insurance. Students will never receive a bill or a charge to their student account for accessing VCG services.
5. When should I use VCG services?
If you’re considering an ER or an urgent care visit for a non-emergency medical issue, your primary care physician is not available, request prescriptions or get refills, traveling and in need of medical care, and/or during or after normal business hours, nights, weekends and holidays, then VCG is right for you.
6. How many visits can I have with VCG?
VCG visits are unlimited to all eligible students.
7. Can VCG help me if I have a medical emergency?
VCG is intended to handle non-emergency medical situations. VCG is NOT meant for medical emergencies. If you are experiencing a medical emergency, please contact Salem’s Public Safety office at (336) 917-5555.
8. Can I use VCG when I am away from Salem during breaks, on weekends or over summer?
Yes, VCG is accessible anywhere in the United States. It is important to notify the provider of your location to ensure you are connected to a licensed provider in your state.
9. What if a VCG physician prescribed me medication? What should I do?
VCG physicians may prescribe medications. If you need assistance with obtaining your prescribed medication, please contact email@example.com.
10. What if a VCG physician says I need to follow up with a local physician? What should I do?
Occasionally, follow up with a local physician may be necessary after a VCG visit. If you need assistance with finding a local physician, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
11. Are my visits with VCG private?
Yes! Salem College and its employees will never be notified of student visits nor provided with any student information. Visits will remain confidential at all times.
12. Will VCG telehealth services replace Student Health Services?
No! Salem will continue to have a Student Health Services office. Students are encouraged to contact Student Health Services for their medical needs.
13. If I start seeing a therapist through VCG, can I continue to see them throughout the semester?
Yes, you can, depending on the appointment time you and your therapist agree on.
14. Will VCG Telecounseling take the place of the Counseling Services Office?
No, Counseling Services will continue to operate the same and in person appointments are available during the day. Appointments can be scheduled by email email@example.com.