For the safety of the campus community and your peers, students and their helpers must follow these expectations and guidelines during the move-in process:
- Prior to move-in, review and sign the Safety Acknowledgement for Fall Move-In agreeing to abide by the COVID-19 Move-In Safety Guidelines and to notify Residence Life and not enter campus if they meet any of the Conditions Requiring Move-In Rescheduling.
- Prior to move-in, timely complete Salem’s Pre-Entry Screening and Safety Requirements. (This requirement is for students only.)
- Complete the Health Services COVID-19 screening at move-in as scheduled by Residence Life.
- Present a negative COVID-19 test to Health Services at move-in unless fully vaccinated for COVID-19. (This requirement is for students only.)
- Maintain physical distancing from others whenever possible.
- Use only areas of campus designated for move-in and complete the move-in process promptly.
- For Incoming (New) Students, have no more than two (2) designated helpers to accompany them into their residence hall to assist with move-in.
For Returning Students, have no more than one (1) designated helper to accompany them into their residence hall to assist with move-in.
No other guests or visitors are permitted on campus during the move-in time. Students and helpers will not be permitted to park more than two (2) vehicles on campus during move-in.
Students needing special accommodations should submit their request to the following offices as applicable at least one (1) week prior to their scheduled move-in date:
- For Academy students, to the Academy Director of Residence Life (firstname.lastname@example.org), or
- For College students, to the College Office of Residence Life (email@example.com).
- Students must notify the Academy Director of Residence Life (firstname.lastname@example.org) or the College Office of Residence Life (email@example.com) of any international travel or cruise ship travel scheduled to occur within 10 days prior to move-in.
Conditions Requiring Move-In Rescheduling
Students and move-in helpers should not come to campus for move-in if they meet any of the following criteria on the day of their scheduled move-in:
- You or anyone in your household is experiencing COVID-19 symptoms:
- Fever or chills
- New cough
- Difficulty breathing or shortness of breath
- New headache
- Muscle or body aches or fatigue
- New sore throat
- Nausea or vomiting
- New loss of your sense of taste or smell
- Nasal congestion or runny nose (not related to allergies)
- You or anyone in your household has tested positive for COVID-19 and the isolation period has not expired.
- Per CDC guidelines, Salem requires that persons with COVID-19 symptoms or illness remain in isolation until at least 5 days have passed since the symptoms first appeared (or the date of a positive test result was obtained for asymptomatic persons), and such persons have been fever-free at least 24 hours without the use of fever-reducing medication, and such persons’ symptoms have resolved.
- You or anyone in your household are awaiting the results of a COVID-19 test due to symptoms or exposure at the time of move-in.
- You have had “close contact” (within 6 feet for a cumulative total of 15 minutes over a 24-hour period) in the last 10 days with someone that has a suspected or lab confirmed case of COVID-19 and you are not fully vaccinated for COVID-19.
- You have been directed by a healthcare provider or health department to quarantine within the last 10 days and you are not fully vaccinated for COVID-19.
- You have traveled internationally or on a cruise ship within the last 10 days and you are not fully vaccinated for COVID-19.
- You were not cleared for move-in by Health Services during the COVID-19 screening.
- Any students or helpers who are not cleared for move-in by Health Services during the campus entry health screening will be required to reschedule their move-in subject to any required testing, quarantine, or isolation directives.
If students or their helpers meet any of the conditions in 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5 at the time of their scheduled move-in, they must not come to campus and must notify the Academy Director of Residence Life (firstname.lastname@example.org) or the College Office of Residence Life (email@example.com) to discuss quarantine and isolation requirements and to schedule an alternative move-in time.
Students who meet condition 6 and who have not received advance written permission from Salem to quarantine on campus must not come to campus and must notify the Academy Director of Residence Life (firstname.lastname@example.org) or the College Office of Residence Life (email@example.com) to discuss alternative move-in dates.
Students or helpers who meet condition 7 will be directed to return home and schedule an alternative move-in date or quarantine or isolate on-campus as directed by Health Services.
It is imperative that students and helpers follow these conditions for the health and safety of their peers and our school community.