In an effort to prevent the spread of COVID-19 and to protect the campus community, Salem Academy and College has implemented these Guest and Visitor COVID-19 Guidelines that apply during the pandemic. Salem takes the safety and wellbeing of our campus members and visitors seriously. In order to protect the health and safety of students, staff, faculty, and guests during the COVID-19 pandemic, all visitors are expected to fully comply with the following guidelines, including safe physical distancing, use of face coverings, personal health screening, and healthy hygiene practices.
If you would like to visit Salem, please go to the Academy website (salemacademy.com) or the College website (salem.edu) and contact the appropriate department to arrange your visit. Before your scheduled visit, please read and be prepared to follow these guidelines.
Before Coming On Campus
- Arrange Your Visit: Please talk with your Salem Academy or College contact person or the appropriate department to arrange your visit.
- Review Safety Guidelines: Please fully review these Guest and Visitor COVID-19 Guidelines to understand the criteria for entering campus and staying safe while on campus.
- Complete Daily COVID-19 Health Screening Assessment: Please complete the Daily COVID-19 Screening Checklist. Visitors must conduct symptom self-monitoring every day prior to their arrival when visiting the campus. Visitors must be free of any COVID-19 symptoms and known COVID-19 exposure to be eligible to enter campus. If you are exhibiting symptoms or have had exposure, do not come to campus at this time. Promptly notify your Salem contact for further instructions and to reschedule your visit.
Arriving On Campus
- Sign Required Safety Acknowledgement: Before entering campus, review and electronically sign our required Guest and Visitor Safety Acknowledgement agreeing to follow these protocols prior to and during your campus visit.
- Check-In with Public Safety: Check-in on arrival by calling Public Safety at 336-917-5555.
- Designated Areas to Visit: Please only go to the campus locations that were designated for your visit. If you need to go to other locations, please have this approved by your Salem contact beforehand.
- Campus Signage: To educate the campus community and limit the spread of COVID-19, Salem has posted signage on campus about COVID-19 prevention, physical distancing, healthy hygiene practices, use of face coverings, and traffic flow. Visitors are expected to follow these directives for COVID-19 safety and prevention. Please direct questions to Salem Public Safety.
Required Personal Safety Practices
To maintain and support campus wellness, visitors must follow personal safety practices including the following as recommended by public health authorities:
- Physical Distancing: Visitors on campus should practice safe physical distancing from others.
- Handwashing: Healthy hand hygiene and frequent hand washing are required. Visitors should sanitize their hands upon arrival and as appropriate throughout the course of their visit. For COVID-19 prevention, avoid shaking hands and touching your eyes, nose, mouth, and face. Salem provides hand sanitizer in building lobbies and common spaces to encourage and facilitate keeping hands clean.
- Coughing/Sneezing Hygiene: Exercise healthy hygiene by covering your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze or use the inside of your elbow. Throw the used tissues in a trash receptacle. Immediately wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not readily available, clean your hands with hand sanitizer.
Guidance for Use of Campus Spaces
- Restrooms: As a safety precaution and to the extent possible, maintain physical distance from others. Wash your hands thoroughly after using restroom facilities to reduce the potential transmission of the virus.
- Elevators: To the extent possible, no more than one person should use an elevator at a time. Avoid touching the elevator buttons with your exposed hand/fingers, if possible. Use the stairs whenever possible to avoid the potential risk of exposure in closed elevator spaces.
- Meeting Spaces, Conference Rooms, and Auditoriums: Meeting sizes should allow for physical distancing whenever possible. Campus members must follow applicable face covering requirements for campus meetings, gatherings, and events.
At the End of Your Visit
Required Check-Out: Check-in on arrival by calling Public Safety at 336-917-5555. If you will be back on campus at a later date, please make arrangements at this time consistent with these Guidelines. Thank you for visiting Salem Academy and College and for your cooperation in following these important guidelines.
Guest and Visitor Acknowledgment to COVID-19 Pandemic Guidelines
Please submit your Guest and Visitor Safety Acknowledgment online.
Residence Hall Only - Guest and Visitor Acknowledgment to COVID-19 Pandemic Guidelines
Please submit your Residence Hall Only - Guest and Visitor Safety Acknowledgment online.