The Vice President for Finance and Administration/Chief Financial Officer (VPF&A/CFO) reports to the President and serves on the President’s Cabinet. The VPF&A/CFO is directly responsible to the President to administer and supervise all financial affairs of the institution; to render internal audit and accounting reports to the President; and to receive, disburse, and account for all income and disbursements. The responsibilities of the CFO also include the receipt and disbursement of cash and maintenance of all accounting records (including payroll and personnel records), the preparation of interim financial statements and annual financial statements in accord with applicable guidelines and regulations, and the maintenance of a system of internal financial control. The responsibilities extend to those duties stated below and all other duties assigned by the President with responsibilities subject, whenever applicable, to the limits of the then current annual budget of the institution approved by the Board of Trustees.
• Oversight of Salem’s endowment management which includes regular communication with the endowment fund money managers.
• Preparation of annual operating budgets in conjunction with cabinet-level personnel and subsequent monitoring and preparation of amendments to operating budgets.
• Financial management of operations sponsored by grants.
• Coordination with the Institutional Advancement office in facilitating gifts to Salem.
• Administrative oversight and guidance to the information technology function, including guidance in developing and implementing institution-wide information technology strategies.
• Maintenance of Salem’s accounting systems to include general ledger, accounts payable, and accounts receivable functions.
• Oversight of all personnel functions including employee welfare plans, preparation of all federal reports, and compliance with applicable federal legislation.
• Liaison between the administration and the Finance and Buildings and Grounds Committees of the Salem Academy and College Board of Trustees, including preparation and presentation of materials as requested.
• Key leader in the risk management function for Salem including the regular review of the insurance portfolio.
• Chairs College Faculty Fiscal Affairs Committee
• Oversight and supervision of programs and directors of the following areas of the institution including:
The position is open until filled. Review of applications will begin on April 9, 2018.
Applications (letter of interest and CV) should be sent electronically to Goldia Anderson: firstname.lastname@example.org.