Salem Sibs, you are resilient, despite the way you may be feeling. Dealing with the coronavirus since March and all the other challenging events of this year has been overwhelming at times. With this is mind, it is possible to enhance your wellbeing and develop resilience.
Resilience is the capacity to recover, respond, or bounce back from challenging times. It is the ability to understand the reality of a situation and make sense of it, putting it into context and keeping all things in the perspective of the long term. It is the ability to improvise and respond in innovative ways.
Please keep these factors in mind as you navigate your way to resilience:
- Understand your need to connect with others
- Socialize as much as you can virtually
- Engage in new ways
- Give to others (help those in need)
- Manage your perceptions (look at the glass half full versus half empty)
- Take breaks
- Move (walk, run, stretch)
- Spend time in nature
- Practice gratitude daily
Know that things will get better, give yourself some grace. We are all in this together.
Director of Counseling Services