Salem Academy and College, the oldest continuously operating educational institution for girls and women in the country by its founding date of 1772, invites applications for Student Information Systems Administrator.
The Student Information Systems Administrator’s responsibilities are to maintain and manage all activities, functions, and tasks in support of the Student Information Systems (SIS) at Salem Academy and College, as well as providing basic database administrative support and data backups for the SIS. This position also supports our systems of record for student online payments (NelNet) and our student financial aid software (PowerFAIDS). The Student Information Systems Administrator reports to the Director of Technology Services. This is a 12-month position.
About Salem Academy and College:
Salem Academy and College is the oldest continuously operating educational institution for girls and women in the country by its founding date of 1772. The institution is currently celebrating its 250th anniversary and is engaging in transformational change to innovate in women’s education. Salem Academy is a college preparatory school located on a diverse, active college campus focused on preparing young women for careers in STEAM. Salem College is the nation’s only liberal arts college exclusively dedicated to developing the next generation of women in health leadership. Salem Academy and College is located in Winston Salem, North Carolina, a vibrant college town known for arts and innovation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist and support student change activity within Salem’s Student Information Systems of record (Ellucian PowerCampus for Salem College, FACTS for Salem Academy)
- Support faculty and staff using our Student Information Systems.
- Provide Institutional Research support for extracting student data.
- Provide ad hoc reporting and extraction of student data.
- In collaboration with other Technology Services staff, ensure faculty, student, and student accounts in Active Directory and email are accurately created and maintained.
- Perform password and account resets as needed.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- This position requires a bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Engineering, Instructional Technology, or a related field.
- Must have experience in working in technology and computer help desk support.
- Experience with Ellucian PowerCampus or a similar Student Information System preferred.
- Experience with NelNet and PowerFAIDS preferred.
- Work must be performed on campus, and in person.
- Must be customer service centered.
- Have demonstrable problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to appropriately triage competing institutional priorities.
- Organized thinker with exceptional attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to effectively organize and prioritize work as well as concentrate on multiple tasks simultaneously.
The physical functions are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. This is an on-campus based position and there is a need to spend long periods of time working at a desk and frequently moving throughout the campus. Salem Academy and College promotes a healthy work-life balance. This position may require some afterhours work as several systems are essential for a residential campus.
Note: This job description indicates in general the nature and levels of work, knowledge, skills, abilities and other essential functions (as covered under the Americans with Disabilities Act) expected of an incumbent. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of an incumbent. An incumbent may be asked to perform other duties as required.
Compensation and Fringe Benefits:
Competitive market based salary depending on experience and credentials. Employer sponsored health plan, retirement plan, generous paid leave time and holidays. Human Resources will review all benefit plans with finalists.
To apply, please send a letter of interest addressing your qualifications for the position along with a resume or curriculum vitae and three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com. The letter of interest may be addressed to the “Search Committee.” The review of applications will begin immediately and will be ongoing until the position is filled.
Salem Academy and College is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, age, religion, disability status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, pregnancy, or any other characteristic protected by law.