Salem Academy and College, the oldest continuously operating educational institution for girls and women in the country by its founding date of 1772, invites applications for a part time Shuttle Driver. The Shuttle Driver will be responsible for the safe transport of passengers and are expected to be friendly, helpful, professional at all times, and assist passengers as needed. The Shuttle Driver must have a clean driving record, and the willingness to work nights, weekends, and holidays as needed. Prior shuttle bus driving experience is a plus, but we provide on-the-job training to all new employees. The Shuttle Driver reports directly to the Executive Director of Operations.
About Salem Academy and College:
Salem Academy and College is the oldest continuously operating educational institution for girls and women in the country by its founding date of 1772. The institution is currently celebrating its 250th anniversary and is engaging in transformational change to innovate in women’s education. Salem Academy is a college preparatory school located on a diverse, active college campus focused on preparing young women for careers in STEAM. Salem College is the nation’s only liberal arts college exclusively dedicated to developing the next generation of women in health leadership. Salem Academy and College is located in Winston Salem, North Carolina, a vibrant college town known for arts and innovation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide shuttle service coverage as needed
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Analytical skills and objective observance of situations and quick decision-making.
- Skilled in customer service, managing situations, courteous, and respectful
- Maintain a friendly and helpful demeanor at all times
- Ability to multi-task and work independently with demonstrated problem-solving skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain an effective working relationship between diverse operating organizations.
- Pick up passengers and transport them from designated pick-up/drop-off locations
- Ability to organize work.
- Ability to cope with changing transportation requirements (sometimes rapidly changing)
- Performs and completes any other special tasks, responsibilities, and duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required
- Ability to pass a background check
- Working knowledge of basic security and safe driving techniques
- Ability to stay levelheaded and respond quickly in stressful situations
- Must be able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with superiors, Salem students, staff, administration, and community
- Subject to random drug testing
- Valid driver’s license
- Follow all traffic regulations
- Demonstrated clean, safe driving history
- Previous law enforcement, military, or security-related work experience preferred
- Knowledge of law enforcement/security best practices and procedures preferred
- Valid commercial driver’s license (CDL) preferred but not required
- Sit for varying lengths of time.
- Must be physically able to perform tasks appropriately.
- Must be physically able to operate the equipment required to perform duties.
- Work in an indoor/outdoor environment subject to changing temperatures.
To apply, please send a letter of interest addressing your qualifications for the position along with a resume and three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com. (A Salem Application is available on the Salem College Employment page and can be submitted in place of a resume.) The letter of interest may be addressed to the “Search Committee.” The review of applications will begin immediately and will be ongoing until the position is filled.
Salem Academy and College is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, age, religion, disability status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, pregnancy, or any other characteristic protected by law.