Salem Academy and College, the oldest continuously operating educational institution for girls and women in the country by its founding date of 1772, invites applications for an Open Rank Faculty Position in Health Administration. This is a tenure tack position for the Fall of 2022. This new position will direct a new online Master of Health Administration program and lead the development of future curricula for both undergraduate and graduate divisions. The faculty member would join the Assistant Professor of Business Administration in program and curriculum development.
About Salem Academy and College:
Salem Academy and College is the oldest continuously operating educational institution for girls and women in the country by its founding date of 1772. The institution is currently celebrating its 250th anniversary and is engaging in transformational change to innovate in women’s education. Salem Academy is a college preparatory school located on a diverse, active college campus focused on preparing young women for careers in STEAM. Salem College is the nation’s only liberal arts college exclusively dedicated to developing the next generation of women in health leadership. Salem Academy and College is located in Winston Salem, North Carolina, a vibrant college town known for arts and innovation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead Salem’s new online Master of Health Administration program.
- Assist in recruitment of graduate students.
- Assist in building community partnerships, engage in program assessment/accreditation processes, and create opportunities for student-faculty collaborative research/service.
- Provide leadership in developing undergraduate and graduate curricula that will support Salem College’s Health Leadership focus.
- Teach a variety of undergraduate courses in areas such as healthcare policy, health economics, healthcare finance, supply chain management, operations management, and/or health information management systems.
- Pursue a scholarly agenda and participate actively in professional societies.
- Support the Business Administration program and the Center for Women in Entrepreneurship and Business in creating a vibrant center of student engagement.
- Conduct service within the division and College.
- Advise and mentor undergraduate and graduate students.
- PhD in Healthcare Administration or a closely related field preferred. Applicants with a terminal degree in another academic or professional field related to Health Administration are also invited to apply.
- Ability to teach one or more of the following graduate classes: Management Information Systems in Health, Topics in Health Administration, Health Leadership, Health Administration Capstone (project learning course), and Internship in Health Administration.
- Health industry experience (private sector or public sector).
- Experience with curricular development, program leadership, and academic recruitment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of current best practices and major issues related to healthcare administration.
- Ability to establish business and community partnerships.
While performing the responsibilities of the position, the employee is required to sit for varying lengths of time; occasionally stand, walk, and kneel and regularly ascend/descend stairs; use hands and fingers to handle or feel and manipulate keys on a keyboard; perform extended periods of work at a computer workstation, view a computer monitor; perceive sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction, and receive detailed information through oral communication; express and exchange ideas by means of spoken word; and work in an office setting
To apply, please send a letter of interest addressing your qualifications for the position along with a resume or curriculum vitae and three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com. The letter of interest may be addressed to the “Search Committee.” The review of applications will begin immediately and will be ongoing until the position is filled with an expected start date of August 2022.
Salem Academy and College is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, age, religion, disability status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, pregnancy, or any other characteristic protected by law.