Salem Academy and College, the oldest continuously operating educational institution for girls and women in the country by its founding date of 1772, invites applications for a Head Soccer Coach. The Head Soccer Coach reports to the Director of Athletics, Recreation and Physical Education. The Head Coach will develop, implement and manage the overall day-to-day operations of the women’s soccer program, including teaching skills and strategies for the specific sport during practice and games in the traditional and non-traditional seasons.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee and coordinate the day to day operations of the women’s soccer team, including teaching skills and strategies for the specific sport during practice and games in the traditional and non-traditional seasons
- Develop and implement a comprehensive recruiting plan to develop a highly competitive team
- Organize and direct a comprehensive student-athlete support program including promotion of the program, leadership development and student-athlete motivation through programs such as the Student Athlete Advisory Committee (SAAC)
- Coordinate team logistics with Athletic Department staff and other support personnel such as managers, scorekeepers, etc.
- Monitor and oversee the academic development of soccer student-athletes, ensuring academic progress to graduation
- With appropriate certification from a national recognized governing body, develop in women’s soccer student-athletes an understanding of proper sports nutrition, personal health and safe strength development
- Create a positive and healthy team culture that encourages learning and development
- Hire, supervise and evaluate assistant coaches
- Develop and implement a team-specific community service and learning initiatives
- Organize and direct team-specific fundraising initiatives as well as support program-wide fundraising initiatives such as the Salem Academy and College Golf Tournament
- Be innovative and demonstrate a willingness to learn and utilize the latest information within soccer to maintain a health leadership minded approach.
- Adhere to and support all rules, conditions and regulations as set forth by Salem College, Conference affiliations and the National Collegiate Athletic Association pertaining to aspects of the team’s management.
- The Candidate will be required to teach two physical education courses in the Physical Education Department over the course of the Academic Year
- Provide coaching leadership to Salem Academy
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree (Master’s Preferred)
- Four - Five years collegiate coaching and/or playing experience required
- Successful completion of the NCAA Division III Rules Test for Coaches in a timely manner
- Current certification in First Aid/CPR (AED)
- Strong interpersonal skills and excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work evening, weekends, and holidays as play and practice season schedule dictates
- Experience with FrontRush recruiting database management
- Valid US driver’s license
To apply, please submit a detailed letter of application, résumé, statement demonstrating commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion, and list of at least two professional references (with telephone numbers and/or email addresses) to email@example.com. The letter of interest may be addressed to the “Search Committee.” The review of applications will begin immediately and will be ongoing until the position is filled.
Salem Academy and College is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, age, religion, disability status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, pregnancy, or any other characteristic protected by law.