About Salem Academy and College:
Salem Academy and College is the oldest continuously operating educational institution for girls and women in the country by its founding date of 1772. The institution is currently celebrating its 250th anniversary and is engaging in transformational change to innovate in women’s education. Salem Academy is a college preparatory school located on a diverse, active college campus focused on preparing young women for careers in STEAM. Salem College is the nation’s only liberal arts college exclusively dedicated to developing the next generation of women in health leadership. Salem Academy and College is located in Winston Salem, North Carolina, a vibrant college town known for arts and innovation.
The Donor Services Officer will serve as general administrative support for Institutional Advancement, fulfilling many stewardship, administrative, special event, and gift entry duties.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Acknowledge all gifts and pledges using current stewardship guidelines (working with all appropriate offices as needed). Record all acknowledgements on donor records.
- Train in all aspects of gift processing and serve as back-up for Gift Entry. (To maintain facility with gift processing, this officer should routinely process gifts for familiarity with software, funds, updated processes, etc.).
- Maintain all records regarding endowed funds, both permanently and temp restricted, and non-endowed temp restricted funds that require stewardship of donors. Duties to include maintaining relationships in RE; working with Business Office and Financial Aid Office to compile lists of student award recipients.
- As new funds are established, work with major gift officers and Business Office to ensure all necessary paperwork is completed and recorded in RE database and appropriate files.
- Assist the Assoc. VP of Institutional Advancement with compilation and mailing of annual reports to fund report recipients showing the audited market value of endowed funds, the last fiscal year’s gifts to and net draw from the fund. Also provide reports upon request by donors.
- Assist the Assoc. VP of Institutional Advancement and Financial Aid Offices to identify student award recipients. Assist with compiling and mailing student recipient award letters to donors; also work with student award recipients to prepare and mail thank you notes to donors as appropriate.
- Assist with organization of annual scholarship event for Academy and College (both traditional and Fleer programs) for donors and student award recipients.
- Serve as a point of registration contact for special events: including assisting with invitations, processing registration fees, compiling attendee lists, uploading attendee information into constituent files for historical event data.
- Assist with special events as needed.
- Assist Vice-President of Institutional Advancement with projects as necessary.
- During hours in office, handle phone calls to Institutional Advancement main number.
- Assist with mail as needed (pickup, preparing receipts and pledge reminders for mailing, etc).
- Assist with scanning and PaperSaving appropriate documents to RE records as necessary.
- Manage Institutional Advancement work study program.
- Other appropriate duties as requested.
- Associates Degree or at least 8 years of related experience
While performing the responsibilities of the Donor Services Officer, the employee is required to sit for varying lengths of time; bend, reach, lift, push, and pull up to 25 pounds; occasionally stand, walk, and kneel and regularly ascend/descend stairs; use hands and fingers to handle or feel and manipulate keys on a keyboard; perform extended periods of work at a computer workstation, view a computer monitor; perceive sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction, and receive detailed information through oral communication; express and exchange ideas by means of spoken word; and work in an office setting.
To apply, please send a letter of interest addressing your qualifications for the position along with a resume and three professional references to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org. The letter of interest may be addressed to the “Search Committee.” The review of applications will begin immediately and will be ongoing until the position is filled.
Salem Academy and College is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, religion, disability status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, pregnancy, or any other characteristic protected by law in its employment practices.