About Salem Academy and College:
Salem Academy and College is the oldest continuously operating educational institution for girls and women in the country by its founding date of 1772. The institution is currently celebrating its 250th anniversary and is engaging in transformational change to innovate in women’s education. Salem Academy is a college preparatory school located on a diverse, active college campus focused on preparing young women for careers in STEAM. Salem College is the nation’s only liberal arts college exclusively dedicated to developing the next generation of women in health leadership. Salem Academy and College is located in Winston Salem, North Carolina, a vibrant college town known for arts and innovation.
The Director of Alumnae Engagement – Salem Academy serves as the principal liaison between the Academy alumnae constituency and Salem Academy and College administrators. This position supervises the day-to-day operations of the Academy Alumnae Office, assists with the Academy Annual Giving programs, in addition to other directives of the Alumnae Engagement for Salem Academy and College. In addition to day-to-day operations, this role will plan and execute programs and activities geared towards the Academy’s approximate 4,000 alums. The Director of Alumnae Engagement - Salem Academy will work closely with the Director of Alumnae Engagement for Salem College and report directly to the Senior Director of Alumnae Engagement and Annual Giving.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan and coordinate all aspects of the Academy Reunion Weekend. Supervise all events, recruit class leaders, and maintain frequent contact to ensure attendance, class giving, and participation in Reunion Weekend events.
- Work in conjunction with the College Alumnae Engagement Office to plan events for alumnae clubs and assist clubs with their activities. Assist with special events that include Academy alumnae, on campus and off.
- Coordinate and manage the Academy Alumnae Board to ensure appropriate leadership is in place. Serve as the principal staff liaison to the board for purposes of fulfilling the goals of the institution.
- Work in cooperation with Institutional Advancement and Marketing & Communications to develop content for publications, marketing materials, newsletters, etc.
- Collaborate with Marketing & Communications to develop a monthly newsletter geared towards alumnae population
- Work with the Marketing & Communications to keep all social media outlets up-to-date with news, events, and other marketing – Instagram, Facebook, etc.
- Assist Academy Admissions Office in recruitment of students through alumnae events and contacts.
- Annual correspondents with Class Correspondents and class notes collection and publication.
- Develop and implement a plan to better serve and steward Academy alumnae.
- Coordinate plans for the advancement efforts related to class participation in annual giving, reunion programming, alumnae relations, and club program activities.
- Recruit alumnae volunteers and coordinate their training with respective offices on campus.
- Work with the Director of Annual Giving to assure alumnae participation and annual giving goals are met. Assist in converting non-donor alumnae to donor status each year, and share pertinent information on Academy alumnae.
- Participate in all significant on-campus activities and traditions (ring banquet, family weekend events, sporting events, programs, etc.).
- Bachelor’s Degree and 4 to 5 years of related experience.
While performing the responsibilities of this position, the employee is required to sit for varying lengths of time; bend, reach, lift, push, and pull up to 25 pounds; occasionally stand, walk, and kneel and regularly ascend/descend stairs; use hands and fingers to handle or feel and manipulate keys on a keyboard; perform extended periods of work at a computer workstation, view a computer monitor; perceive sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction, and receive detailed information through oral communication; express and exchange ideas by means of spoken word; and work in an office setting.
To apply, please send a letter of interest addressing your qualifications for the position along with a resume and three professional references to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org. The letter of interest may be addressed to the “Search Committee.” The review of applications will begin immediately and will be ongoing until the position is filled.
Salem Academy and College is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, religion, disability status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, pregnancy, or any other characteristic protected by law in its employment practices.