Salem Academy and College announces an opening for a Director of Alumnae Engagement position. Reporting to the Sr. Director of Annual Giving and Alumnae Engagement, the person who holds this position is responsible for implementing a comprehensive engagement strategy and program for alumnae engagement and annual giving in support of Salem Academy and College’s mission. The Director of Alumnae Engagement also supervises the day-to-day operations of alumnae programs including Reunion Weekend, regional alumnae club events, Alumnae Board meetings, and alumnae networking and professional development initiatives.
Essential duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Planning, executing, managing, and overseeing all logistics of Salem Academy and College Reunion Weekend and alumnae events;
- Managing the relationship with the Alumnae Board(s) providing strategic direction for individuals serving in leadership roles to ensure goals and activities are in line with current institutional priorities;
- Serving in an administrative capacity for the Alumnae Board(s) & Committees;
- Identifying potential channels and activities for alumnae engagement;
- Educating graduating students about alumnae benefits and engaging them in alumnae programs;
- Collaborating with the Lucy Rose Center for Global Leadership & Career Innovation to grow and develop career networking services for alumnae;
- Collaborating with Institutional Advancement office colleagues and other Academy and College departments and offices to increase support from alumnae;
- Coordinating alumnae volunteer efforts;
- Developing content for event invitations, Reunion Weekend communications, and monthly Academy and College newsletters;
- Contributing to the overall success of the Office of Institutional Advancement by working on special projects and performing other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in fundraising, business, communications, non-profit management, marketing, social sciences, or a related field;
- Three to five years of related professional experience to include work in fundraising, planning and managing special events, identifying, training and working with volunteers, preferably in a higher education setting;
- Highly proficient computer skills;
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with a broad range of internal and external constituents including faculty, staff, students, alumnae, parents, donors, volunteers, and friends of the College;
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively through the development and composition of professional correspondence and formal presentations;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Ability to effectively multi-task and produce accurate professional work products under demanding timelines;
- Ability to establish cooperative, effective working relationships;
- Outstanding planning and organizational skills;
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively;
- Proven ability to display discretion in dealing with sensitive, confidential issues and;
- Sound judgment and problem solving skills.
- Prior experience with development or fundraising software;
- Volunteer recruitment and management experience.
Position Compensation and Benefits
Salary for the position will be commensurate with education and experience. Salem Academy and College also offers various health plan options, tuition waivers, generous paid time off, access to academic, arts, and athletic programming on campus, and the ability to work in a diverse educational setting on a historic property.
To apply, please send a letter of interest addressing your qualifications for the position along with a resume to Kathy Barnes, Vice President of Institutional Advancement, at email@example.com. The review of applications begins immediately.
Salem Academy and College is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, religion, disability status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, pregnancy, or any other characteristic protected by law in its employment practices.