Salem Academy and College, the oldest continuously operating educational institution for girls and women in the country by its founding date of 1772, invites applications for Data Systems Manager.
Under the direction of the Associate Vice President of Institutional Advancement, the Data Systems Manager will be responsible for maintaining the integrity of and managing and manipulating the resources within the Raiser’s Edge Database, including database management, prospect research, reporting and training. A self-starter with the curiosity to dig deep into computing and database resources and to teach other team members is invaluable. Strong office and database management skills are required. Experience with Raiser’s Edge or advanced data management and mining skill sets are strongly preferred.
About Salem Academy and College
Salem Academy and College is the oldest continuously operating educational institution for girls and women in the country by its founding date of 1772. The institution is currently celebrating its 250th anniversary and is engaging in transformational change to innovate in women’s education. Salem Academy is a college preparatory school located on a diverse, active college campus focused on preparing young women for careers in STEAM. Salem College is the nation’s only liberal arts college dedicated to developing the next generation of women leaders in health. Salem Academy and College is located in Winston Salem, North Carolina, a vibrant college town known for arts and innovation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage all technical support needed for Blackbaud products and associated software (NXT, PaperSave, GiveCampus, etc); including establishing accounts for new staff, managing passwords, updating software on computers, working as liaison with other campus users, training all new users and answering technical issues as needed
- Partner with other super users on campus to serve as liaison and help manage the contract with Raiser’s Edge
- Routinely examine and clean current data records to ensure data accuracy to eliminate duplicate records, inconsistent data, to maintain overall database integrity and the accuracy of data imported and committed in the database
- Maintain coding on current students, staff, volunteers, and board members
- Import new records, gifts, ratings, or biographical data, etc. as necessary, and communicate updates with appropriate staff and departments
- Develop documentation for data entry and record keeping standards, train and communicate with team regularly to ensure use of best practices and data entry consistency, with the goal of managing a system that works for all users
- Develop MS Excel spreadsheets tools to manipulate data where Raiser’s Edge tools are insufficient.
- Manage database output and tracking for annual giving direct mail, the campaign, and cultivation and fundraising events
- Manages database output and tracking reports for motives, campaigns and major gift assignments for staff and volunteer calls.
- Utilize prospect screening and other strategies to identify and qualify new prospective donors among alumnae and friends, prepare all necessary data for screenings
- Research and analyze information on new and recurring donors to identify and recommend potential major donors to gift officers and leadership
- Prepare detailed and accurate research briefings on prospective donors, board members and volunteers for development staff, President, and key volunteers
- Devise plans and strategies for continued broadening of the prospective major donor pool.
- Establish research goals and timetables to provide effective support for the development effort.
- Train and assist the professional advancement staff to analyze raw data to make judgements on a prospective donor’s capacity and propensity to give.
- Introduce systems and techniques of record keeping, preparing and updating research profiles and scheduling workflow to meet quantitative goals for qualifying new and existing prospects.
- Write research profiles and research summaries.
- Assume other responsibilities as assigned.
- Generate, prepare, and disseminate special reports in various formats (tables, charts, and graphs) including regular and campaign gift activity, donor history, gift activity and reconciliation with the business office, reunion and class comparison, summary reports for industry surveys etc. for Advancement Staff, President, Trustees, Volunteers
- Coordinate plans to provide updated donor information to all staff solicitors and detailed reports that provide observable trends, patterns, and results as they relate to the advancement of Salem Academy & College
- Provide financial reports to the business office as needed and for regular audits
- Prepare mailing and call lists for events, newsletters and appeals with appropriate data as needed
- Maintain records of criteria use for frequently accessed reports and data pulls to ensure future reporting include comparable records and data
- Compile special reports as needed
- Coordinate with advancement professionals for ongoing reviews of prospect lists.
- Organize and supervise the development office Bio files
- Develop and implement training for staff to effectively use RE and related products and to ensure best practices and standards are in place and utilized
- Assess the organization’s current database utilization and develop more effective policies and procedures as needed
- Serve as back up for gift entry during vacation and illness; also serve as auxiliary gift entry during heavy gift entry periods
Required Qualifications & Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Associate’s degree required; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Hands on experience in Raiser’s Edge (RE) Database required
- Strong ability and commitment to accuracy and database integrity
- Ability to manage confidential information, multiple priorities, and tasks of varying complexities
- Capable of meeting deadlines
- Must have proven analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products required
- Must possess strong communication skills
- Must be a team player willing to collaborate
- Must have great attention to detail
To apply, please send a letter of interest addressing your qualifications for the position along with a resume or curriculum vitae and three professional references to: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com. The letter of interest may be addressed to the “Search Committee.” The review of applications will begin immediately and will be ongoing until the position is filled.
Salem Academy and College is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, age, religion, disability status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, pregnancy, or any other characteristic protected by law.