Custodians generally provide routine cleaning, project cleaning, setups for functions, and any other duties assigned. The groundskeeper reports to the Assistant Director of Custodial Services.
- Provide general housekeeping and cleaning services in Residence Life buildings, Offices and Classrooms/Areas as assigned. Required tasks include: daily sweeping, mopping, vacuuming and dusting.
- Emptying trash receptacles, clean trash receptacles, disinfect trash receptacles and replace liners as needed.
- Restock paper supplies, refill soap dispensers, clean windows and glass.
- Walk exterior of housing areas to pick up trash.
- Keeps all housekeeping closets and storage areas clean and neat.
- Dust and wet mop hard surface floors daily and dust vertical and horizontal surfaces (furniture and chair rails, blinds, air vents, window sills, and ledges etc).
- Vacuum carpeted floors and spot clean and vacuum and/or brush upholstered furniture, spot wipe with clean cloth to remove soil.
- Clean elevator walls, thresholds, flat surfaces, and panels (where applicable).
- Wipe light switches, door knobs, water fountains, and kick plates.
Bathrooms and Showers
- Sweep and mop floors daily and disinfect all surfaces.
- Disinfect all dispensers (vertical and horizontal surfaces and fixtures) and restock supplies.
- Disinfect all shower surfaces daily and super scrub showers as needed.
- Clean mirrors and chrome surfaces daily and spot clean walls as needed.
- Mixes and uses cleaning chemicals, supplies and operating equipment in accordance with manufacturer’s labels.
- Reports unsafe conditions and other safety issues to supervisor for follow-up.
- Wears proper personal protective equipment (PPE) as required, such as gloves, goggles, aprons and safety footwear.
- Ensures wet floor signs are out and visible when floor maintenance duties are being completed.
- Reports any on-the-job injury to supervisor immediately.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
High School diploma or equivalent.
Physical/Environmental requirements: Bend, squat, stand, crawl, and climb. Walk for long distances, reach above shoulders, handle objects, push, pull kneel, carry or lift over 50 lbs., work may necessitate working in confined spaces.
Valid North Carolina Driver’s License.
Ability to pass a criminal background check.
Ability to meet the eligibility requirements for coverage by Salem College’s automobile insurance policy.
Review of applications will begin immediately. Applicants should complete an application and send to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to:
Salem Academy and College
Attn: Cedric Macon
601 South Church Street
Winston-Salem, NC 27101
Salem Academy and College is an equal opportunity employer.