Salem Academy and College, the oldest continuously operating educational institution for girls and women in the country by its founding date of 1772, invites applications for Coordinator for Educator Preparation and Graduate and Professional Studies. This position manages the records and data for educator preparation programs, manages admissions processes for graduate and professional Studies, assists with federal, state, and institutional reporting, and supports daily operations for educator preparation, graduate, and professional studies programs.
About Salem Academy and College
Salem Academy and College is the oldest continuously operating educational institution for girls and women in the country by its founding date of 1772. The institution is currently celebrating its 250th anniversary and is engaging in transformational change to innovate in women’s education. Salem Academy is a college preparatory school located on a diverse, active college campus focused on preparing young women for careers in STEAM. Salem College is the nation’s only liberal arts college dedicated to developing the next generation of women leaders in health. Salem Academy and College is located in Winston Salem, North Carolina, a vibrant college town known for arts and innovation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage admissions processes for undergraduate teacher licensure, graduate, and professional studies programs
- Respond to inquiries and assist prospective student with application processes
- Maintain communications with prospective students and applicants
- Process applications and communicate with prospective students throughout the application process
- Communicate with newly admitted graduate students to provide support through the enrollment and orientation processes
- Compile weekly reports of graduate admissions, enrollment, and inquiry to be sent to designated offices on campus
- Manage print and digital academic records for students in educator licensure programs (undergraduate and graduate)
- Maintain confidential student records
- Monitor score reports as received from licensure testing services
- Manage the college’s student data base for the North Carolina Department of Public Instruction
- Collect and organize assessment data for undergraduate and graduate education programs
- Manage federal Title II rosters
- Support the preparation and submission of all required reports
- Prepare annual reports for the North Carolina Department of Public Instruction and U.S Federal Government Title II Institution and Program Report Card reporting system
- Submit weekly admissions and enrollment reports as described above
- Assist with North Carolina educator licensure process
- Assist with management of education and graduate admissions budgets
- Assist with graduate student Commencement activities
- Serve as a liaison with other departments on campus, in particular the office of the Dean of the College, Information Technology, Financial Aid, Business Office, and Registrar’s Office
- Participate in regularly scheduled Data Team meetings to maintain current information and discuss data entry procedures
- Maintain meeting minutes and documentation for the Department of Teacher Education and Graduate Studies and for the Graduate Education Council
- Facilitate communication and activities with school and community partners
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree
- Strong interpersonal skills and excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Full proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Word, Google Suite, and the ability to master new software systems
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize, organize, and execute multiple tasks
To apply, please send a letter of interest addressing your qualifications for the position along with a resume or curriculum vitae and three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com. The letter of interest may be addressed to the “Search Committee.” The review of applications will begin immediately and will be ongoing until the position is filled.
Salem Academy and College is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, age, religion, disability status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, pregnancy, or any other characteristic protected by law.