Salem Academy and College, the oldest continuously operating educational institution for girls and women in the country by its founding date of 1772, invites applications for Clinical Counselor Part-Time.
The Clinical Counselor Part-Time will be responsible for assisting the Director of Counseling in providing individual and group counseling to a diverse population of traditional-age undergraduate students, adult students, and graduate students. This position is a 10-month position.
About Salem Academy and College:
Salem Academy and College is the oldest continuously operating educational institution for girls and women in the country by its founding date of 1772. The institution is currently celebrating its 250th anniversary and is engaging in transformational change to innovate in women’s education. Salem Academy is a college preparatory school located on a diverse, active college campus focused on preparing young women for careers in STEAM. Salem College is the nation’s only liberal arts college exclusively dedicated to developing the next generation of women in health leadership. Salem Academy and College is located in Winston Salem, North Carolina, a vibrant college town known for arts and innovation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Preparing intake assessments, crisis intervention, treatment planning, brief therapy, referrals and documentation
- Work collaboratively to provide outreach, personal growth, consultation, and use of counseling services
- Design and execute programming developed to support campus mental health and emotional wellness as well as to increase usage of counseling services
- Assist in coordinating multicultural outreach programs, services, and training
- Assist in creating professional development and training surrounding the areas of mental health and wellness
- Advise student organizations in the areas of mental health and wellness.
- Support marginalized populations with an emphasis on serving students of color and LGBTQIA community
- Assess mental health emergencies with the support of the Director of Counseling Services
- Provide office coverage in absence of Director of Counseling due to professional development/trainings/continuing education for licensure requirements
- Other duties as assigned
- A Master’s degree in counseling, social work or psychology (LCMHC, LCSW, LMFT)
- Candidates must be licensed or provisionally license in the state of North Carolina
- Demonstrated ability to handle complex situations, particularly situations with a high level of confidentiality
- Ability to conduct interviews and investigations using trauma-informed techniques when appropriate.
- Must possess the skills to collaborate, communicate and cooperatively work with faculty, staff, administration, and students
- Possess excellent written and interpersonal skills. Must have experience presenting to small and large groups
- Ability to deal effectively with confidential information
- Licensure in the state of North Carolina
- Experience in working with college students.
- Strong computer skills to include proficiency in the following: Google suite, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel, Instagram and the ability to conduct Internet research.
While performing the responsibilities of Clinical Counselor Part-Time, the employee is required to travel moderate distances around campus to meet and communicate with employees, students, and other campus constituents in the performance of the essential duties and responsibilities; to work at a computer for extended periods of time; receive detailed information through auditory and oral communication; to express and exchange ideas by means of spoken word; and to work on campus and in an office setting.
To apply, please send a letter of interest addressing your qualifications for the position along with a resume or curriculum vitae and three professional references to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org. The letter of interest may be addressed to the “Search Committee.” The review of applications will begin immediately and will be ongoing until the position is filled.
Salem Academy and College is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, age, religion, disability status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, pregnancy, or any other characteristic protected by law.