Salem Academy and College invites applications for a Salem Academy Admissions Counselor. The Salem Academy Admissions Counselor is responsible for increasing inquiries, converting applications into enrolled students and planning and participating in on-campus and virtual events for Salem Academy. Works with staff and faculty to assure enrollment goals are met. The Salem Academy Admissions Counselor reports to the Director of Enrollment Management.
About Salem Academy and College
Salem Academy and College is the oldest continuously operating educational institution for girls and women in the country by its founding date of 1772. The institution is currently celebrating its 250th anniversary and is engaging in transformational change to innovate in women’s education. Salem Academy is a college preparatory school located on a diverse, active college campus focused on preparing young women for careers in STEAM. Salem College is the nation’s only liberal arts college dedicated to developing the next generation of women leaders in health. Salem Academy and College is located in Winston Salem, North Carolina, a vibrant college town known for arts and innovation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Presents Salem Academy to prospective students and parents in group and individual settings.
- Handles, systematically and efficiently, applications and communication with candidates, and their parents/guardians, for admission to Salem Academy.
- Responsible for interviewing candidates and their parents; sharing information regarding admissions testing; securing necessary student credentials for admissions decisions and serving as a member of the Admissions Committee to review applications.
- Oversees student ambassadors and assists with individual visits to campus.
- Works to develop comprehensive recruitment plan for regional, national and international travel to promote the school.
- Hosts and plans on-campus and virtual recruitment events.
- Helps develop system communications, and yield sequences within Slate to move students through the application process.
- Promotes good relationships with outside institutions and groups.
- Initiates activities including open houses and other special events to promote interest of prospective students and parents in enrolling at Salem Academy.
- Meets or exceeds new student enrollment goals.
- Coordinates and communicates with contracted partners.
- Other duties as assigned to include providing Admissions support on an as-needed basis to Salem College.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Strong computer skills to include: Word, Excel, Google Suite and the ability to conduct Internet research. Blackbaud/Slate experience preferred.
- Analyzes and prepares statistical information for tracking and reporting on admissions trends.
- Strong organizational and planning skills, attention to detail and ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; must possess the skills to collaborate, communicate and cooperatively work with faculty, staff and administration.
- Strong written and presentation skills.
- Committed to the values and environment of an educational institution and its mission and goals.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with fluctuating priorities and deadlines Demonstrated ability to exercise effective independent judgment and efficiently manage tasks and time.
- Ability to deal effectively with confidential information.
- Ability to travel, as needed.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Ability to work nights and weekends.
- Ability to work as part of a team and collaborate with others
- Ability to work independently and demonstrate strong initiative
- Ability to work with diverse populations with sensitivity to economic, cultural and other issues present in a diverse workplace
Essential Physical Functions
While performing the responsibilities of Salem Academy Admissions Counselor, the employee is required to sit for varying lengths of time; bend, reach, lift, push, and pull up to 25 pounds; occasionally stand, walk, and kneel and regularly ascend/descend stairs; use hands and fingers to handle or feel and manipulate keys on a keyboard; perform extended periods of work at a computer workstation, viewing computer monitor; perceive sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction and receive detailed information through oral communication; express and exchange ideas by means of spoken word; and work in an office setting.
To apply, please send a letter of interest addressing your qualifications for the position along with a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com. The letter of interest may be addressed to the “Search Committee.” The review of applications will begin immediately and will be ongoing until the position is filled.
Salem Academy and College is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, age, religion, disability status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, pregnancy, or any other characteristic protected by law.