Enhance Your Education Through Our Adult Degree Program in Winston-Salem, NC
If you are an adult with a passion for learning who would like to advance your career, consider the adult degree programs in Winston-Salem, NC, at Salem College. Through the Fleer Center, we are able to offer a variety of certificate programs for adult students of all ages. Check out the benefits below, browse our Fleer Center events, and then apply online to see if you might be a good candidate.
Benefits of Fleer Center Programs
There are many reasons why adult students in Winston-Salem and beyond choose the Fleer Center, including:
- Affordable program of study
- An application process that considers your unique qualities (no SAT required)
- Flexible day and evening classes to fit your busy schedule
- Credit for prior learning that you have acquired in volunteer or career positions
- Full-time enrollment with 12 semester hours (a manageable number that allows for maximum financial assistance)
- Quality of education (recognized globally and locally by employers, graduate schools, and others who rank Salem College highly)
- Personal attention from faculty and staff
- Half-price tuition grant for students enrolled less than full time their first semester at the Fleer Center
- Opportunities for a first or second degree, post-baccalaureate coursework, professional development, self-enrichment, and more — your choice!
Course Catalog & Schedules
The Salem College Course Catalog, including adult degree course schedules for upcoming terms, is available online.
Description of Salem Terms
• Fall: End of August to mid-December
• Spring: February to mid-May
• Jan Term: January
• Summer 1: End of May to end of June
• Summer 2: July to first week in August
Annual Registration Period
• Fall: April to start of term
• Spring: November to start of term
• Jan Term: October to start of term
• Summer 1: May to start of term
• Summer 2: May to start of term
• Fall or Spring full-time enrollment: 12 semester hours (four credit hours each course or total of 12 credit hours)
• Fall or Spring part-time enrollment: less than 12 semester hours
• January (not required of Fleer students): one course maximum per term
• Summer enrollment: two courses maximum allowed per term
View the list of frequently asked questions from prospective adult students.
Current Student FAQs
Current student information and frequently asked questions including, how to register for classes, how to declare your major, important dates to remember, and more.
Salem College offers a variety of adult degree programs in Winston-Salem, NC, through the Fleer Center.