As an international student, you are responsible for the following:

  1. Keeping a valid passport and knowing the expiration date of the passport, renewing the passport in a timely manner, and bringing the new passport to the Dean of Students to be photocopied.
  2. Knowing the expiration date of the current visa and providing the Dean of Students with a copy of any visa renewal.
  3. Knowing the program completion date on the I-20 or IAP-66 and, if necessary, providing the Primary Designated School Official with a memorandum from the student’s academic advisor requesting an extension prior to the expiration date. (Failure to maintain a current I-20 or IAP-66 will result in the student falling “out of status” with BCIS and therefore losing the benefits associated with the F-1 or J-1 visa.)
  4. Maintaining a full program of study
  5. Following the regulations related to employment: All international students may work on campus up to 20 hours per week. International students on F-1 visas may not work outside of the college.

Health Records   Also bring copies of any medical records that are important, especially immunization records. All students are required to show proof of adequate immunization against Measles, Mumps and Rubella (MMR). If you cannot show proper verification of these immunizations, you will be required to obtain the immunization here before you are permitted to register for classes.