***School Nurse experience preferred***
Salem Academy and College is the oldest continuously operating educational institution for girls and women in the country. Since 1772, the institution has engaged in transformational change to innovate women’s education. Founded with the mission of making education accessible to all, Salem has a rich 251-year-old history and a long-standing track record of educating girls and women who are prepared to make a bold impact locally, nationally, and globally through liberal arts education. Salem Academy is a boarding and day college preparatory school with focus on interdisciplinary learning using STEAM, wellness, and leadership. Salem College is the nation’s only liberal arts college exclusively dedicated to developing the next generation of health leaders. Our graduates are committed to making the world a better, healthier, and more equitable place.
The Corporate Health Registered Nurse is responsible for providing nursing services to the Salem Academy & College students through the Salem Student Health Center as indicated by policies and procedures, assessment, planning intervention and evaluation of care provided. The Salem Student Health Center RN facilitates the identification, assessment, and management of students within the nursing scope of practice through standing orders and orders received by APP and MD. Care scope may include students based on episodic care needs and health risk factors and may include care of faculty and staff if requested by client and agreed upon by NH. Responsibilities include or may include completing disease specific assessments of risk and developing care plans that promote healthy lifestyles and self-management of risk levels, disease states, and overall health. This position provides education and may provide one-on-one coaching and education for students and includes, but is not limited to, empowering and supporting behavior change aimed at reducing health risks, improving health status, and improving quality of life for students, and supporting behavior change aimed at reducing health risks, improving health status, and improving quality of life of students/participants.
At Novant Health, one of our core values is diversity and inclusion. By engaging the strengths and talents of each team member, we ensure a strong organization capable of providing remarkable healthcare to our patients, families and communities. Therefore, we invite applicants from all group dynamics to apply to our exciting career opportunities.
- Education: 2 Year / Associate Degree, required. 4 Year / Bachelors Degree, preferred.
- Experience: Two years clinical experience as RN, required.
- Licensure/Certification: Current RN license in appropriate state(s), required. Certified Occupational Health Nurse and/or other applicable certifications as required per corporate client contract, preferred.
- Additional skills required: Ability to successfully complete generic / specific skills validation and competency testing. May work with Workers Compensation and Employment on bringing employees back to work if included in corporate client contract.
While performing the responsibilities of the Communications Writer and Editor, the employee is required to sit for varying lengths of time; bend, reach, lift, push, and pull up to 25 pounds; occasionally stand, walk, and kneel and regularly ascend/descend stairs; use hands and fingers to handle or feel and manipulate keys on a keyboard; perform extended periods of work at a computer workstation, view a computer monitor; perceive sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction, and receive detailed information through oral communication; express and exchange ideas by means of spoken word; and work in an office setting.
It is the responsibility of every Novant Health team member to deliver the most remarkable patient experience in every dimension, every time.
- Our team members are part of an environment that fosters teamwork, team member engagement and community involvement.
- The successful team member has a commitment to leveraging diversity and inclusion in support of quality care.
- All Novant Health team members are responsible for fostering a safe patient environment driven by the principles of “First Do No Harm”.