Physical Wellness is the ability to maintain a healthy quality of life that allows us to get through our daily activities without undue fatigue or physical stress. The ability to recognize that our behaviors have a significant impact on our wellness and adopting healthful habits (routine check ups, a balanced diet, exercise, etc.) while avoiding destructive habits (tobacco, drugs, alcohol, etc.) will lead to optimal Physical Wellness.
Salem College has many programs to help in achieving and maintaining Physical Wellness.
- Fitness Trails - three trails named by Salem students will get you moving through campus! For a link to directions and other info.
- Pool and Fitness Center - Salem has an excellent pool and fitness center on campus, just ready for your involvement.
- The Library – has several Wellness videos available
- Campus Dining Services – has nutritional facts to help you choose well.
- FitForsyth – a free community-wide program that aims to improve the quality of life through increased physical activity.
- City Parks and Recreation
- Bike Routes in Winston-Salem.
- Winston-Salem Ski & Outing Club – a year-round outdoor activities and social club that includes singles, couples and families of all ages and interests located in Winston-Salem and surrounding area of North Carolina.