Occupational Wellness is the ability to get personal fulfillment from our jobs or our chosen career fields while still maintaining balance in our lives. Our desire to contribute in our careers to make a positive impact on the organizations we work in and to society as a whole leads to Occupational Wellness.
What is Occupational Wellness?
The occupational dimension of wellness recognizes personal satisfaction and enrichment in one's life through work. At the center of occupational wellness is the premise that occupational development is related to your attitude about your work.
As you work to achieve your personal occupational wellness, you'll contribute your unique gifts, skills and talents to work that are both personally meaningful and rewarding. You'll convey your values through your involvement in activities that are gratifying for you. The choice of profession, job satisfaction, career ambitions, and personal performance are all important components of your path's terrain.
Are you engaged in the process of Occupational Wellness?
As a student:
- If a student, are you doing what you need to do to enhance existing skills and acquire others?
- Are you taking advantage of the opportunities offered by the Office of Career Development and Internships at Salem?
As staff or faculty:
- Do you enjoy going to work most days?
- Do you have a manageable workload at work?
- Do you I feel that you can talk to your supervisor or department chair and co-workers when issues or problems arise?
Career Development and Internships Office at Salem
Whether you are a student or member of faculty/staff at Salem, there are useful resources for you both on the website and within the office of Career Development and Internships, located in the Shober House.