New Student Orientation
Welcome to New Student Orientation! One of the most exciting journeys of your life - your undergraduate experience - is about to begin, and we are thrilled that you have chosen to attend Salem! Our faculty, staff, and students look forward to meeting you in August. One group that is particularly excited to meet you is the Orientation Team!
Orientation at Salem is a four day introduction to the Salem community, including academics and social life! During New Student Orientation, you will meet your Orientation Leaders, your Academic Advisor, and many other members of the Salem community. You will attend your first Signature class, enjoy community building with your class, and experience some favorite Salem traditions. By the time classes begin, we trust that you will feel settled and welcomed as a Salem sister! See you soon!
Students, through participation in the Salem College Orientation program will...
- Build relationships with their peers and returning student leaders.
- Become familiar with Salem's honor code and recognize the relationship of the honor code to their Salem experience.
- Learn general and specific information about Salem College and the greater Winston Salem communities.
- Develop a desire to become involved in student organizations.
- Be able to identify on campus resource centers and staff available.
New Student Welcome & Orientation Schedule
- Download/View: Orientation Schedule, Fall 2016
Additional Important Information
Please be sure to return your health insurance information to Health Services by August 1, 2016.
No Cost / No Registration for Orientation
There is no cost to attend Salem Orientation, and advance registration is not necessary.
The first day of Salem New Student Orientation (Saturday, August 20, 2016) includes orientation activities for the families of our new Salem students! Lunch is included for new students and their family members at no cost. Orientation activities for parents and families will conclude at 5:00 pm.
Off Campus Students
All off campus students are expected to attend all orientation activities unless otherwise marked on the Orientation schedule.
Transfer students are expected to attend all orientation activities unless otherwise marked on the Orientation schedule.