- Oct. 18 (Tues): 12:00 p.m. NCACPA Northwest Chapter Monthly Luncheon
- Where: Bib's Downtown Restaurant- Winston-Salem
- Member fee: $10.50 (not including gratuity)
- Oct. 26 (Wed): 5:30 p.m. IIA Student Night at Forsyth Tech
- Nov. 3 (Thurs): 4 p.m. "From Salem College to CPA-Lessons Learned Along the Way" with Adrienne McKinney, RSM McGladrey, Inc.,
- Dec: No meetings/Final Exams
- Jan: No meeting/Jan Term
- Feb. 2 (Thurs): 4 p.m. "Identity Theft and the Law" with Detective Joe Ingram Financial Crimes Investigator, City of Burlington Police Department
- March 1 (Thurs): "Financial Analysis for a Global Business" with Ginger Doherty, SPX, Inc. 4 p.m.
- April 5 (Thurs): 4 p.m. NCACPA Young CPA Cabinet
- May 3 (Thurs): New officer election for 2012-2013
To promote the understanding and broaden the appreciation of the accounting profession. The Club accomplishes this goal by creating leadership opportunities (club officers), organizing events for professional guest speakers to talk about careers in accounting, networking and assisting in internships and mock interviews, volunteerism (VITA), preparing the members for their future careers in Accounting, and creating a sense of community for the members within the larger community of Salem College.
Membership is available to those students currently enrolled at Salem College who wish to gain a better understanding of accounting. This includes all accounting majors, business majors, and others who have taken at least two accounting courses.
Where: 2nd Floor Gramley Library, East Collaboratory Room
When: 9-11 p.m. on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays
ACCT 120 students are especially invited to visit the lab to check out the basic accounting tutorials
Remember to bring your computer for wireless access to MOODLE while in the lab
VITA Volunteer Program
Members of the Salem College Accounting Club volunteered for the VITA program at the Career Connection and Prosperity Center in Winston Salem. Here, the volunteers provided free income tax preparation assistance to low-income, elderly, disabled and English-as-a-second-language clients.
Executive Board 2011-2012
Associate Professor of Accounting- Michael Cummings
Assistant Professor of Accounting- Ron O. Cardwell
Join us on Facebook! Salem Accounting Club