Salem Firsts Pre-Orientation Information
The Salem Firsts Pre-Orientation begins on August 22, 2013, and ends when Salem Orientation begins on August 24, 2013. Fall classes begin on August 28, 2013.
Thursday, August 22
- 8:00 am - 11:00 am – Residential Student Move-In
- 10:00 am - 11:00 am – Off Campus Student Check-In
- 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm – Lunch for Salem Firsts and their families
- 1:00 pm - 5:30 pm – Orientation Sessions for Salem Firsts and their families
- 5:30 pm - 6:00 pm – Farewell Ceremony / Families Depart Campus
- 6:00 pm – Dinner
- Evening Residence Hall Meetings and Game Night
Friday, August 23
- Breakfast with Mentors
- Campus Office Tour
- Information Session - Student Professional Development
- Information Session - Academic Support and Writing Center
- Peer Academic Advising Session
- Information Technology and Library Orientation
- Celebration Dinner and Salem Firsts Alumnae Social!
Saturday, August 24
- The rest of the Class of 2017 will arrive and Salem Orientation begins!
This program is completely free (just like Salem Orientation)! Food and housing for new students is included. Lunch is included for families on the first day.
Students living on campus will move-in to their assigned room at the beginning of the Salem Firsts Program, and will remain in their assigned room throughout the entire year. Off campus students will attend sessions and return home in the evenings.
Questions? Email Ms. Barber at email@example.com.