- Schedule an appointment between 8:30am-5:00pm (Monday-Friday) with Elizabeth Novicki, Public Services Librarian, by emailing or calling her: elizabeth.novickisalem.edu or 336-917-5420
- Drop-ins with the professional evening reference librarians are welcome during the following hours throughout fall and spring semesters: 6:30-9:30pm Sundays -Thursdays
- Music researchers should schedule a consultation with Dr. Donna Rothrock, Fine Arts Center Librarian: rothrocksalem.edu or 336-917-5475
- For all who need to conduct research using the archival resources of Salem College, an appointment with Dr. Rose Simon, Director of Libraries, is required. Contact her: simonsalem.edu or 336-917-5421.
See the ASK A LIBRARIAN page to learn about all the ways that you can obtain research assistance!
Additional support for the writing process is available through the WRITING CENTER.
The Director of the Writing Center is Sydney Davis, sdavissalem.edu. You may contact Ms. Davis and her staff to schedule an appointment at: 336-917-5381.
Further, seek out other ACADEMIC SUPPORT SERVICES available from the College, including tutoring and workshops.
RESEARCH GUIDES (Location: Gramley Library)
- Bishop, Wendy, and Pavel Zemliansky. The Subject Is Research: Processes and Practices. Portsmouth, NH: Boynton/Cook, 2001. Call Number: Ref Q180.55 .M4 S87 2001
- Booth, Wayne C., Gregory G. Colomb, and Joseph M. Williams. The Craft of Research. 2nd Ed. Chicago: U. of Chicago Press, 2003. Call Number: Q180.55 .M4 B66 2003
- Mann, Thomas. The Oxford Guide to Library Research. 3rd Ed. New York: Oxford U. Press, 2005. Call Number: Ref Z710 .M23 2005
- Raimes, Ann. Keys for Writers. 5th Ed. Boston: Houghton Mifflin, 2008. Call Number: Ref PE1408 .R16 2008
- Johnson, Jr., William A., et al. The Sociology Student Writer's Manual. 5th Ed. Upper Saddle River, NJ: Pearson Education, 2006. Call Number: Ref HM585 .S638 2006
- Marius, Richard, and Melvin E. Page. A Short Guide to Writing about History. 5th Ed. New York: Pearson Education, 2005. Call Number: Ref D13 .M294 2005
- Neville, Tina M., Deborah B. Henry, and Bruce D. Neville. Science and Technology Research: Writing Strategies for Students. Lanham, MD: Scarecrow Press, 2002. Call Number: Z710 .N47 2002
- The Planning Shop and Abrams, Rhonda M. Successful Business Research: Straight to the Numbers You Need--fast. Palo Alto, CA: The Planning Shop, 2006. Call Number: HD30.4 .A25 2006