Salem students have multiple opportunities each year to participate in local, national, and international leadership conferences. Some conferences have a specific women's leadership focus, while others focus on such topics as government, international education, and human dignity issues. Approximately 25 per cent of the student body participates in leadership conferences annually.
- International Women's Leadership Conference
- North Carolina Association of International Education (NCAIE)
- Model United Nations
- Southern Regional Orientation Workshop (SROW)
- National Student Government Association Summer Workshop (Washington, D.C., 2011)
- Twin Cities Leadership Conference: Annual joint conference for student leaders from area colleges: Salem College, Wake Forest University, Winston-Salem State University, University of North Carolina School of the Arts
The "Quad" -Winston-Salem Area College & University Planning Groups
Student leaders from each of the Winston-Salem area colleges and universities form "The Quad" - a collaborative student leadership planning group that coordinates the annual Twin Cities Student Leadership Conference, along with joint service projects that support the local community throughout the academic year.