The federal government selects some students for a process called verification. During the verification process, the financial aid office is required to verify the information you provided on your FAFSA. For the 2013-2014 academic year, the verification process has changed.
To process your verification (if selected), you may be asked to provide any or all of the following:
- Salem's Verification Worksheet (refer to request to determine which worksheet you should complete)
- 2012 Tax Transcript (student, parent, and/or spouse)
- 2012 W-2s (student, parent, and/or spouse)
- Documentation of Child Support Paid
- Documentation of Food Stamps
Be advised, we cannot process your verification until we have all the information we have requested from you. Please be aware that once we receive your verification information, we may find there is additional information required which will be requested separately.
Please respond to all email and letters promptly!