Beginning with the 2016-2017 academic year, Salem College will be using the School Servicing Center to complete verification. As a result, you will be submitting information online to the School Servicing Center to complete this process. Until they are able to fully complete your verification, Salem will not be able to finalize any of your financial aid.
When will I receive this information?
The timing of when you will receive verification information will depend on whether you are currently enrolled or applying for admission. This timeline is using the assumption that we have already received your FAFSA and have been notified that you have been selected for verification. Please note: a student may get selected for verification after originally submitting their FAFSA.
- Currently Enrolled Students – You should receive information from the School Servicing Center within a couple weeks. You will receive your financial aid award after verification has been completed (and any other required documents have been submitted to the financial aid office).
- Incoming Traditional Students (currently enrolled in high school or transfers) – You will receive information from the School Servicing Center within a couple weeks of when you confirm your enrollment to attend Salem College. In the meantime, Salem College will provide you with an estimated financial aid award so you will have an idea of what you are eligible to receive. You will receive your official financial aid award after verification has been completed (and any other required documents have been submitted to the financial aid office).
- Incoming Fleer and Graduate Students – You will receive your verification information within a couple weeks of applying for admission to Salem College. You will receive your financial aid award after verification has been completed (and any other required documents have been submitted to the financial aid office).
Some helpful tips from the School Servicing Center…
- The School Servicing Center (SSC) will send an email to the email address you listed on your FAFSA. The email will tell you what information you need to submit to complete the verification process.
- Watch for emails from verification@SSCwp.org or firstname.lastname@example.org with instructions on what you need to do to complete the process. You are only asked for information we need from you. Please follow the instructions carefully.
- Use the data retrieval tool (DRT) to transfer your tax information from the IRS to the FAFSA if at all possible. This reduces verification processing time significantly. If you are NOT able to use the DRT then you should request a Tax Return Transcript at www.irs.gov/Individuals/Order-a-Transcript.
- Sign up to receive text alerts messages from SSC to help track your verification status. Please remember that message and data rates may apply.
- Finally, DON’T DELAY! The faster you respond to requests from SSC, the faster you complete verification and the faster your financial aid can be awarded.