- Salem College Christmas Candlelight Service Dec 04, 2014 from 04:15 PM to 05:00 PM — Hanes Auditorium, Elberson Fine Arts Center ,
- Join us for our traditional Moravian Christmas Candlelight worship service. This event features Salem College chaplain Rev. Dr. Amy Rio-Anderson delivering inspiring words of the season, along with student readers sharing the Christmas story. The Salem College Choirs, directed by Sonja Sepulveda, share accompanying music to warm the heart. The service ends with the beautiful lighting of Moravian candles. Come and celebrate with us!
- Blind Idol Competition Semi-Finals Dec 06, 2014 from 02:00 PM to 03:00 PM — Shirley Recital Hall, Elberson Fine Arts Center ,
- A Brighter Path Programs of Winston-Salem Industries for the Blind (IFB) will partner with the arts and not-for-profit management departments of Salem College for Blind Idol, a vocal competition open to residents of North Carolina who are legally blind. The semi-finals will be held at Salem College and will feature the top 20 contestants of Blind Idol. Since its inception in 2009, the choir at Winston-Salem Industries for the Blind has had the vision to perform for those who will listen. Inspired by the versatility of blind musicians, Anastasia Powell, an employee of IFB who is blind, decided to organize a competition that would feature the talents of North Carolina blind residents. Chris Flynt, an employee of IFB and a musician who is blind, believes that “you don’t need to see to be a performer or to enjoy music. You just have to feel it in your heart.” This free event has general admission seating and reservations are not required. Reception to follow. Sponsored by Winston-Salem Industries for the Blind.
Also in this section
- Past Events
- Events which have already happened.