Center for Women in Business
Mary Ardrey Stough Kimbrough Chair in Business and Economics
Director for the Center For Women In Business
I found out years ago that women are smarter, stronger, and more energetic than men and that the only thing holding them back is misperception.
Lawrence M. Kimbrough, 2002
President and CEO First Charter Corporation
Words written by Lawrence Kimbrough in a letter to Salem College, May 17, 2002 as his family graciously endowed the Mary Ardrey Stough Kimbrough Chair in Business and Economics.
View our brochure
To give Salem students a distinct advantage in the marketplace through promoting Salem as the intellectual and physical center for the region's professional women and serving as a vital hub linking our students with professionals in the outlying business, government and academic.
The Center for Women in Business at Salem College was established in 2002 through the generosity of the Kimbrough family in order to:
- expand collaboration with the local and regional business community
- foster programs that immerse students in the global business environment
- assist in development of mentoring experiences and internships for students
- sponsor distinguished speakers on current topics in business and economics
- highlight the accomplishments of professional women in business communities