International Literary Competitions
The winner in each genre will receive $1000. An honorable mention in each genre (judge’s discretion) will receive $150.
- Competitions are open to anyone writing in English, except current Salem Academy & College employees & students.
- All submissions must be previously unpublished.
- Author’s name and address must appear on a cover page only. If your name appears on your submission, it will be immediately disqualified. This is incredibly important in our CNF category: please carefully proofread your piece to ensure that your name does not appear in your submission.
- Submit: a cover page with your name, address, telephone, email, genre, word count (for prose), and the title(s) of the work(s), and $15 contest fee.
- You may enter the contest as often as you’d like, in as many categories as you’d like. Each submission requires the $15 contest fee, and should be submitted as a separate entry. In other words, do not send two or more entries in one envelope or as one document.
- Submissions via Submittable close December 31, 2014 & November 15, 2014 via snail mail.
- Winners announced: May 1, 2015.
Submit Via Mail
Submissions via snail mail close November 15, 2014.
You may also send entries via snail mail. Submit: a cover page, 3 (three) copies of your typed entry (poems, cnf, or fiction), check or money order made out to Salem College w/memo line: 2015 ILA, SASE (Self-Addressed Stamped Envelope), and a SASP (Self-Addressed Stamped Postcard), if you’d like notification of winners and confirmation of submission received.
Center for Women Writers
c/o ILA 2015
601 S. Church St
Winston Salem, NC 27101