Tennis rolls to GSAC victory against Wesleyan
April 16, 2011
Macon, GA-The Salem College tennis team cruised to their first Great South Athletic Conference victory this year against Georgia Wesleyan (9-0). Wesleyan was held to winning only 7 total games in the match by the Spirits. Katherine Elliott (Edenton, NC) did not lose a game in either the number one singles position or in the number one doubles match where she teamed with Kim Wisen (Madison, OH). Salem moves to 7-5 overall with the victory, and to 1-4 in the GSAC.
K. Wisen also swept both sets in the number two singles position. Cierra Young (Pooler, GA), Amy Allison (Geneva, OH) and Lauren Wisen (Madison, OH) each won both their singles and doubles matches. Carly Neisler (Cramerton, NC) picked up the win at the number three singles position, and Olivia Inge (Chesterfield, VA) won at number three doubles with L. Wisen.
Salem plays two critical matches over the next two days. They need to win at either Piedmont or Maryville to potentially qualify for the GSAC tournament.
1. Katherine Elliot def Kellie Cawley (SC) 6-0, 6-0
2. Kim Wisen Def Soshawn Blair (SC) 6-0, 6-0
3. Carly Neisler def Hannah Doan (SC) 6-1, 6-0
4. Cierra Young def Katie McIntosh (SC) 6-0, 6-1
5. Amy Allison def Venesha Drysdale (SC) 6-0, 6-1
6. Lauren Wisen def Lorikim Morris (SC) 6-0, 6-1
1. Elliott/K. Wisen def Cawley/Blair (SC) 8-0
2. Young/Allison def Doan/McIntosh (SC) 8-0
3. L. Wisen/Olivia Inge def Drysdale/Morris (SC) 8-3