Featured Athlete of the Month of September-Natali Olveda (Cross Country)
Featured Athlete: Natali Olveda
Hometown: Litchfield Park, AZ
Birthday: March 17, 1992
High School: Verrado
Sport: Cross Country
Year at Salem: First-Year
Cross Country Results for Natali this year:
- Finished in 2nd for Salem at USC Upstate Eye Opener and 119th overall. She ran the 5k course in 22:54.
- Finished the 6k course in her personal record of 28:54 at the Washington and Lee Invitational. She was the second runner for Salem and 29th overall.
- She ran the 5k course in 22:45 at the Winthrop Invitational. Natali finished in 123rd overall and second for Salem.
- Finished in second for the Spirits at the Citadel Invitational 5K. She ran a 23:27 and finished in 47th place.
- Finished in 190th at the Paul Short Invite in Pennsylvania and second for Salem. She ran the 6k course in 28:28.
"Natali is the first one from her family to attend a four-year college. She has finished second for Salem in every race this season and has made a huge impact on the team. She works extremely hard and is very passionate about running. She also has a great positive attitude and is a great student. I'm looking forward to seeing what she can do in Great South Championships."
*The Salem College Featured Athlete of the Month is selected by the Salem College Athletic Department.