R Resources for Statistical Computing
Resources for faculty, staff and students who use or want to learn more about R, the statistical computing environment utilized in statistics courses offered by the Mathematics Department at Salem College.
Below are links to resources related the the statistical computing environment R, which is the statistical computing choice for the statistics minor at Salem.
- The R Project--official home of R
- Download R for Windows, Mac OS X, or Linux. (Windows and Mac OS users should choose the base package.)
- CRAN--the Comprehensive R Archive Network
- The R Journal
- Quick-R from statmethods.net
Salem College Resources
At Salem, R is available in the LC Lab and in Gramley Library. The laptops in the Video Conference Center in the Fine Arts Center, which are available for classroom use, are also loaded with the latest version of R. Contact Dr. Paula Grafton Young for more information about R resources and how it might be used in the Salem classroom.
- R Resources (Salem College Moodle site; must have Salem College login and password to access; no enrollment key necessary.)
Examples of R Graphics (Created by students from MATH 142: Statistical Methods with R)