Steps for Online Tutoring (For Graduate and Fleer Students)
SCWC has set up online tutoring for graduate students who cannot come to the Center. Although this is available, it is strongly encouraged that you schedule an in house session.
- Make an online appointment at Schedule a Writing Appointment! This will ensure that a tutor has time to review your work.
- Send your written piece to the tutor you signed up with and email@example.com (make your paper an attachment and write “Online Submission” in the subject line). Please include the following information: a) Name, b) Course section c) Instructor’s name, d) Description of the assignment, e) Questions or concerns about your paper. If possible tell us which parts of the paper you’d especially like for the tutor to review.
- Remember that we do not proofread or edit papers, so you will need to direct our attention to aspects of the paper that concern you.
- After the tutor reads your paper, you will then receive a response via email. Responses often include electronic notes in the margins of your document or within the document.
- If, after seeing our response, you want another session, please repeat steps 1 and 2.
- Most papers will be reviewed within the 50 minute time frame scheduled. For longer papers (10+ pages), please allow 2 or more hours.
- If for some reason your paper requires in house tutoring, you will be notified via email immediately.
Note: It is best to send your requests for online tutoring at least a week in advance.